You’ve made the decision to get a Lifeline Screening and you might not know what to expect or how it’s going to go. You also might not know how exactly to prepare for this appointment. This article is here to give you some tips that you can follow to make sure you’re ready for this important appointment.
Before we talk about the preparations you need to do before going to your appointment, it needs pointed out that, depending on the screening you’re having done, the preparations might be different. We’ll make sure to list the preparations for each screening. Read more reviews on Glassdoor to know more.
Carotid Artery Disease (Stroke)
For this screening, the only thing you have to do is make sure to wear a shirt that has an open collar and don’t wear something restrictive of the neck such as a turtleneck.
Artrial Fibrillation (Stroke)
For this screening, there are a few things that need to be done. Those are listed below.
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Make sure you wear an outfit that consists of 2 loose pieces.
- Make sure you don’t wear pantyhose or any kind of watch.
- Make sure you keep your phone turned off.
- Don’t wear any kind of lotion or oil.
This is another screening that has quite a few things you need to do, that we will list below.
Ankle-Brachial Index (Peripheral Arterial Disease)
- Make sure you wear an outfit that has 2 loose pieces
- You need to fast for 4 hours before your screening and make sure it’s light, about half of what you normally eat, and non-gassy.
- Make sure you continue taking any medication as prescribed.
- If you have diabetes, continue following your diabetic plan.
The few things you need to do for this screening are listed below.
hs-CRP (Elevated C-reactive Protein)
- Make sure you wear an outfit that has 2 loose pieces.
- Make sure you wear a blouse or a short sleeved shirt.
- Make sure you don’t wear pantyhose.
For this screening, there isn’t anything you need to do.
Complete Lipid Panel (High Cholesterol)
The only thing you need to do is fast for 12 hours before your appointment.
For this one, you only need to fast for 12 hours prior to your appointment.
Bone Mineral Density (Osteoporosis Risk)
The only thing for this screening is to make sure you don’t wear pantyhose.
Elevated Liver Enzymes (ALT/AST)
There is nothing that you need to do for this screening.
For this screening, you need to fast for 12 hours before your appointment and make sure you wear a short sleeved shirt or one that can be easily rolled up.
Now that you know what needs to be done before your screening, you can be more prepared. With that being said, if you have any questions or want more information, just call Lifeline Screening to get answers!
Know more: http://www.lifelinescreening.com/What-We-Do