Dr.Shafik Sachedena was born in 1950 in Dare-salaam Tanzania. He resides in the United Kingdom. He is a dental surgeon graduated Guys Hospital medical and dental school in the University of London .as a dental surgeon he specializes in dentistry, dental and oral surgery. He gained his working experience in England after working there for many years. Dr.Shafik Sachedena is also the founder of Sussex Healthcare which provides health care to the aged in the society.
Dr.Shafik heads the department of Jamati Institution and the secretariat of Highness the Aga Khan in France as a volunteer; He is also a member of the Agha Khan Development Network committee (AKDN) Aiglemont chairman of Focus Humanitarian assistant –coordinating committee and has also served as the President of Ismaili committee in the UK
Dr.Shafik responsibilities in the various positions he holds include:
Coordinating activities and programmers of Ismaili community institutions in 16 locations where the members are answerable to the Imams.
He interfaces with The Aga Khan Development Network programmes and Institutions of Ismaili community in Asia.
The Imamat Ismaili community under the leadership of its senior officials around the world by the establishment of many Imamat and AKDN programmes in Europe, Asia, Africa and America. Include:
- Nazim Ahmad- Head of the department in Portugal and Lusophone countries
- Ambassador Arif Lalani-Head, department of diplomatic affairs
- Dr. Shafik Sachedina-Head of community affairs
- Jane Placentin-Head department of international and financial affairs
- Maître Laurent-department for international legal affairs
- Prince Amyn Mohammed- Agha Khan –nonresident) personal representative of his Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan.
- Prince Rahim Agha Khan (non-resident personal rep of his highness Aga Khan(Canada)
- Gordon Camplel-Ambassador to the Ismaili Imamat
Ismaili Imamats AKDN resident’s representatives (similar position to ambassador) officials include:
- Nurjehan Mawani-Canada,
- Munir M.Merali(Bangladesh),
- Dr.Mahmoud Eboo(Canada)
- Mahmood Ahmed (Uganda)-East African community)
- Aziz Bhaloo(Kenya)
- Kyrgyzstan(dr.Shamsh Kassim-Lakha, Sitara-e-Imtiaz and Hilale-Imitaz (Pakistan), Officer de l”Ordre national du merite (France)
- Mali and West Africa (Burkina Faso, Cote D” Ivore, and Senegal) Ferid Nandjee
- Portugal Mozambique and lusophone countries- Nazim Ahmed (Commander of the order of merit)
- Mohammed Saifa(Syria)
- Ali Akbar Pesanani-Tajikistan
- Amin Kurjir-Tanzania (France Legion of Honor)
- Uganda-Amin Mawji,(Order of the British Empire)
The Ismaili Imamat community had positively impacted nation states” commonwealth by it accredited achievements that benefit the community on its teachings on the importance of diplomacy.
The Ismaili community’s partnerships and engagements have led to the formalization of the link that bides countries that belongs to the community through agreements that guide the appointment of senior officials like ambassadors and high commissions who represents Ismaili Imamat community across the globe. Learn more:https://relationshipscience.com/shafik-sachedina-p3697233